George Blood Audio partnered with IT Solutions to achieve the desired outcomes through a Tandem Development engagement. This approach provides clients with a certified FileMaker developer who works on-site and side-by-side with internal resources to share ideas, develop collaboratively, and build the internal capacity for further future enhancements to custom FileMaker solutions.
After closely reviewing and discussing the overall functionality of the current system, IT Solutions consultants proposed five areas for either improvement or expansion. During the development phase, the recommended features were divided between GBA's internal resources and the certified IT Solutions FileMaker developer in order to complete the solution. During iteration review and planning meetings, all development was reviewed collaboratively, and all design decisions were made as a team. Additionally, IT Solutions managed the project using an Agile methodology and provided GBA with FM Agile, an Agile project management solution built in FileMaker. The project management coaching and FM Agile software will allow GBA to continue to internally manage ongoing FileMaker projects moving forward.
The following modules were implemented to complete the system:
- Shipments: Enhancement of shipment line items for a more comprehensive tracking of shipment orders.
- Project Deliverables: Consolidation of both projects and services into a single list of offerings for increased and more consistent tracking.
- Invoices: Integration of an invoicing module allowing users to build an invoice directly within FileMaker by selecting from a current list of statements of work.
- Security: Development of an account-based security module, using external authentication via open directory.
- Reporting: Ability to generate more comprehensive data-driven reports in the areas of time, volume and quality assurance, in order to make more strategic business decisions.
> The Return