AssuranceMD is a professional Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) organization dedicated to helping physicians improve financial performance and create the growth they are looking for. Among the many challenges that physicians face today, running a profitable medical practice may be among the most complex. AssuranceMD’s solutions streamline and update processes – from financial benchmarking to clinical and practice management applications to practice valuations – making a significant impact to the practice’s financial health. Their comprehensive RCM services
provide practice owners a complete solution to revenue recovery, accelerated cash flow, and a healthier, more sustainable business model.
AssuranceMD came to IT Solutions in 2011 in search of a hosting solution for their proprietary Software-as-Service (SaaS) business. At the time, the SaaS application was managed in-house, and lacked proper infrastructure and personnel to provide appropriate ongoing support.
As the business grew, so did the need to migrate to an infrastructure capable of handling a larger client-base. And with anticipation of increasing security requirements to meet the demands of the healthcare industry, AssuranceMD proactively sought a local cloud service provider
that would offer secure and centralized services, as well as day-to-day infrastructure management and support.
- Modern Architecture: We relocated AssuranceMD’s servers to our data center and rebuilt the architecture with a modern operating system platform on highly secure and redundant enterprise-grade hardware.
- Scalability: The infrastructure can be easily modified to meet AssuranceMD future business growth, with access to a level of resources that only a data center can provide. This allows for an affordable and streamlined process for rolling out new services and onboarding new clients.
- Comprehensive Platform: Hosting the business application in IT Solutions’ data center - completely and transparently managed by outside experts - supports AssuranceMD’s goal to deliver a true Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering.
- High Performance: The environment leverages the latest remote technologies and is directly connected to redundant power supplies and Internet service providers ensuring fast, uninterrupted connectivity for AssuranceMD medical practice clients at all times.
- Security & Compliance: By hosting at a SSAE Type II, PCI and HIPAA-compliant data center, AssuranceMD satisfies federal regulatory requirements by the healthcare industry.
- Strong Backups: Full disk-to-disk backups performed on a perpetual basis to another data center in another region of the country ensures redundancy and business continuity.
- Ongoing Support: A fully staffed, experienced, local help desk provides 24/7 management, maintenance and support of the hosted environment.
- Keep capital expenses to a minimum: Dedicated hosting requires zero upfront investment in server equipment or capital expenditures, freeing up cash for other mission critical business needs.
- Strategic Direction: An IT Solutions virtual CIO (vCIO) assists with strategic planning, critical thinking, road-mapping and budgeting, ensuring services are aligned with AssuranceMD’s short-term needs and long-term strategic business objectives.
Over the past 8 years, the architecture has been modified to meet the demands of AssuranceMD’s growth. Today, the infrastructure rests on a state-of-the-art solid state drive platform, with 10 Gigabit network connectivity.
Hosting with IT Solutions has reduced the risks associated with HIPAA, Meaningful Use, and other regulatory guidelines established by the medical industry, and provides peace of mind to medical customers that their patient data is safe. Additionally, this has strengthened the company’s credibility in the marketplace, delivering an industry-leading application and related services at a competitive price point supported by a top-tier local cloud solution service provider.