Founded almost a century ago in 1921, Timoney Knox, LLP
, is a full-service law firm based in Fort Washington, PA, serving clients in the areas of estate planning and administration, business, corporate and tax law, as well as family, student rights and education law.
Prior to engaging with us, Timoney Knox worked with another IT provider to host and support their network in the cloud. While the environment was a match for the firm’s off-site hosting preference, a number of performance issues surfaced, including:
- Network slowness
- Difficulty accessing applications and data
- Inconsistent and reactive support
As problems persisted and the staff’s productivity was negatively impacted, Timoney Knox decided to evaluate other local IT providers, in search for one with a:
- Strong background in hosting and managed services
- Sizable team to deliver fast and reliable support
- Strategic guidance for their long-term technology needs
- Proven success working with the legal industry
As an initial engagement, we conducted a network assessment to identify the underlying performance issues. We uncovered several problems in the existing design and setup, specifically with the integration between the firm’s virtual desktop solution, Office 365 Mail, and the document management system.
Based on the assessment insight, and solid references from other law firms, Timoney Knox decided to migrate their network to NearCloud®, IT Solutions’ network hosting platform. The transition included:
- A total rebuild of the document management system
- Transition to a Windows Remote Desktop Service
- Moving email from Office 365 to a hosted Exchange environment at the ITS data center
Additionally, our team has taken over the day-to-day management and support of the network, including:
- Monitoring and maintenance for all servers and workstations
- 24/7 remote and onsite support
- A dedicated vCIO for personalized account management
- Hosted in a secure and stable environment, network performance is faster than ever before.
- Timoney Knox now has a properly designed network with ample room for network and storage expansion as needed.
- Access to a large, diverse team of technical specialists provides fast response and reliable support to satisfy Timoney Knox’s needs.
- A proactive approach to security and industry best practices have created a level of trust that did not exist with the previous provider.
- Frequent communications with their dedicated vCIO has become an extremely valuable resource for the law firm.
- Regular reporting and road mapping have provided a clear path for the firm’s technology strategy moving forward.
- Timoney Knox has peace of mind knowing they have a trusted partner working towards their long-term success.
“In looking for an IT provider that would be more of a partner than a vendor, we found this type of relationship with IT Solutions,” said George Riter, Managing Partner at Timoney Knox. “The ITS team has been a valuable educator and steward of our systems. We have current cybersecurity software and protocols, responsive support and a true collaborative partnership.”