Create and Send a Voting Poll from Microsoft Outlook
It is easy to create a poll in Microsoft Outlook simply by including voting buttons in an email message. Polls allows you to get an accurate count of recipients' votes delivered right into your inbox.
- Create a new email message, or open a message that you want to reply to or forward.
- Go to the options tab and click the drop-down Use Voting Buttons.
- Select your button options:
- Yes;No - When you want only a definite yes or a no, this is the best choice.
- Yes;No;Maybe - This offers recipients a third option.
- Custom - Click this command to create your own custom voting button names. For example, you can ask your colleagues to choose among restaurants for a lunch meeting.
- Your recipients can vote in the reading pane or in an open message.
- The sender will see the responses as they come and can select to view all responses in a table.
- To view your responses in a table, open any response and click The sender responded line in the message header, then click View voting responses.